27 February 2015

Make It Happen



I don’t talk about it a lot but my day job gets me down quite a bit. I never ever imagined that I would be sat behind a desk 8 hours a day working for a pension and investment company... It is not me and it is not what I want to do. Growing up was 100% sure that I would be a vet, until I hit high school and  teachers started to tell me it was really really hard work, which stupidly (but obviously) discouraged me. I feel as though I’m wasting my life doing something that means nothing to me or to others, and that makes me feel pretty shit. I generally have a cry at Dixon every few months and he has said the same thing every single time; DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. But I never did do anything about it; it all seemed unachievable and overwhelming.

Leeds is splitting at the seams with independent companies and super talented people. And I am also extremely lucky to have some of these awesome people in my life; Dixon is a screen printer, Kate is a film-editor and producer, Michael is starting a educational conservation business, Luke & Charlotte built Awesome Merchandise, Charys built The Pop-Up Booth, Harriet, Sam & Rosie are all unbelievable tattoo artists and Matty & James run a gig promoting business; Dirty Otter.

So, this time I am going to do something about it. I’ve had a proper think about it and plans are coming together! It’s extremely exciting. So, this hoop is a thank you to Dixon for his patience and smart words. And it is also for those who have inspired me and shown me that it is possible to do what you want to do! Whether this is being awesome in an office, in a classroom, for a bank, for a bar or for your own company. I'm going to stick this up on the wall of my brand new craft room (which I'm putting together this weekend!) as a reminder to myself that only I can make it happen.

____________________

2 comments:

  1. Good on you! Winnipeg is ...getting there. Best of luck!
    Caitlin / realswanky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock