16 December 2014

My 5 Favourite (& super useful) Recipe Books // Vegan Blogs


Even though I don't follow recipes from start to finish too often, I have learnt so much from the recipe books that I have. It's super important as a vegan (or veggie... or anyone really) to have a few amazing recipe books close by. It's so easy to live on fake-meats and processed crap when you're vegan, which obviously is not healthy. These books will help your broaden your food horizons, discover something new that you love and improve your cooking skills overall. 


Veganomicon - The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook // If, as a vegan, you don't have at least one book by Isa Chandra on your collection there is something going wrong. Veganomicon is a monster book. Aside from the unbelievable recipes (Mac Daddy is the best mac & 'cheese' recipe ever) it tells you how to cook grains, how to cook beans and what you should have in your pantry. This book is absolutely perfect for anyone interested in improving their cooking. Or anyone interested in eating some beautiful food.


Vegan Pizza- 50 Cheesy, Crispy, Healthy Recipes // I love pizza. Duh, who doesn't?! But, it's pretty easy to get stuck in a boring-rut when it comes to vegan pizza, sooooo I bought this recipe book. What I really love about it is how it has in it all these amazing tips on what you can use (ingredient and equipment wise) to make your finished meal perfect. It has sections on different doughs, different cheesy causes and the best bit, on home-made 'meats'. So many different options to perfect your pizza party.



The Vegeterranean - Italian Vegetarian Cooking // The people who wrote this book run a hotel in Italy, it looks so dreamy there. The book is vegetarian, but has vegan options (or you can adapt). In Vegeterranean you'll find a break down of all the basics you need to make amazing Italian food, from sauces to pastries. Every single thing in this book shows you how amazing vegetarian food can be. If you want to take your cooking to another level and really impress someone, get this book. Each recipe is broken down into difficulty ratings so you can learn and improve on yourself!


Prashad - Indian Vegetarian Cooking // Prashad is my absolute favourite restaurant. Its a little trek away from us but totally worth it. If you aren't lucky enough to be within travelling distance of Prashad than I can't recommend this book enough.  Everyone knows Indian food but this recipe book will show you something you've never seen before; you wont find any boring curries in here. Although the book isn't completely vegan, its very easily adaptable. It has endless tips, pantry must-haves and there is even a meal planner at the back which gives you some amazing ideas from supper to a celebratory feast (which I'm going to convince Dixon to do for us and friends one day). Kaushy is one talented lady and I can't get enough of her recipes.


Chloe's Kitchen - 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes // My parents bought me this book, solely for the name. Ha. But I am so glad they did. The recipes in this book are classic meals re-interprited to be free from animal products. From burgers to noodles, from pies to cakes (Dixon actually made my birthday cake from one of Chloes recipes! Mocha Almond Fudge Cake, oh man). She has a little section on pantry essentials which is really helpful, but my favourite section has to be  'Eat with your Hands'... because thats the best way to eat, right? 

_______________________

1 comment:

  1. YourPeachesForeverxo17 December 2014 at 06:35

    Prashad is my favourite Indian restaurant! Love it there! Thanks for this I've added a couple more books to my wishlist! :) hope you and your lovely family have a very Merry christmas! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock