8 January 2014

Rawday #1

2014 is the year of fruit and veg for me. I am going to eat as much of the stuff as possible, and cut out the crap. I am going to get fit and healthy, I want to look after myself. I thought it would be an awesome idea to start fitting in 'Raw days' here and there, and thankfully Dixon agreed. So, Rawday was born!

I have no intention of going 100% raw, but I am hoping these raw meals will help me look at raw food differently so I can make my meals more interesting, tasty and healthy. I'm going to start out with trying to have a day a week, and we'll see there it goes from there. Maybe further down the line when we're into the swings of things I'll share some of my own creations too!

After a little reading around I decided for our first meal we would try out this recipe; Raw Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Spicy Nut Balls because it sounded AMAZING. Plus, Dixon had wanted to try courgette spaghetti for a while so it was perfect. I made a juice to go with it (Apple, spinach, cucumber, lemon and ginger).


I was kind of worried that I would still be hungry after eating this, but I wasn't at all. I was soooo full. And it was soooo goood. For the veg spaghetti I bought a julienne peeler, which worked so well!! I'll definitely be making this again.

If you're still not convinced about raw food, or if you want to learn more, give this awesome blogs a read; This Rawsome Vegan Life - Emily is possibly the most positive person on the planet! She has the most colourful, beautiful diet that pretty much convinced me raw food is awesome.

_________________

3 comments:

  1. Raw days are such a great idea and that meal looks really delicious and healthy. Once a week is perfect, too - not so much that it's overwhelming but enough to really get you stuck in ^_^ I look forward to seeing what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think i could ever do full time raw, but a raw day sounds right up my alley! i just can't imagine going all winter without warm food, yikes. those nut balls sound like the perfect way to break in my food dehydrator. i'm glad you shared this— i really love the idea of a raw day or at least a few raw meals a week (that aren't *just* juice!). i can't wait to follow along with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the recipe recommended dehydrating them! That would definitely make him better.

      Good Luck if you decide to give it a go

      chloex

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock