17 April 2013

Awesome Blog: Roller Derby.

I have been busy this week! Holy hell, I haven't had chance to think, yet I feel like I have done nothing at all. That, and I can feel an illness coming on. Bleh.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know I wrote a little article for the lovely guys at Awesome Merchandise this week! They sent me to a roller derby bout, particularly to see the Leeds Roller Dolls in action! Awesome Merchandise are there new sponsors you see. Those ladies are tough. You can read my thoughts on the Awesome Blog.













___________________

Are you involved in roller derby? Do you support your local team? Or do you skate yourself? I knew nothing about it until I went along on Saturday and I had the best time! I've never really been involved in a competitive sport before, but something about derby really appeals to me! I'd recommend heading over to a bout, if you haven't already.


I have a bunch of stuff I am desperate to get writing down for you all. I hope you're having an amazing Wednesday! See you soon.

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to join a roller derby team! Have you heard of the movie "Whip it" directed by Drew Barrymore? It was really big here in the U.S. a few years ago about a girl joining the roller derby team in Texas and it is such a fun movie!!! I would definitely check it out! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to watch Whip It a couple of years ago, but it seemed dull so didnt finish it! I'll have to give it another go this weekend.


      chloex

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to join a team for the longest time.. the league that they have here doesn't really seem to fit me though. When I move (hopefully soon) I'll be one of those cool roller derby moms. The sport is so rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should give it a go when you move!! I'm considering it

      chloex

      Delete
  3. I have never seen a show but I really want to. We have a local roller derby that I really want to check out this summer.
    emma▼deer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the best time, its a great day out, I would highly recommend it!


      chloex

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock