27 November 2014

Exploring Cruelty-Free #3

Choosing cruelty-free cleaning products gave me the perfect opportunity to choose things that are nice to the planet too. I had to read a lot to get my head around this one. Some companies seem to market themselves as cruelty-free and eco-friendly but looking a bit deeper they aren't. Or they aren't vegan. I tried to pick things in recyclable packaging. EthicalSuperstore.com helped me out loads with this one, their reviews and key-coding are amazing. 

Ditched: My kitchen cupboard was full of Proctor & Gamble! And a couple of Unilever things too. Really not good.

The Search: I was so surprised at just how easy this one was, or more so, how much choice I had! Asda has a little range of eco-friendly cleaners that aren't tested on animals. All of The Co-Operatives home branded things are cruelty free. As are Marks & Spencers, as are Morrisons, Tesco & Sainsbury's! Totally spoilt for choice, which is perfect for me because I'm definitely not the kind of person that has preferred brands when it comes to cleaning stuff. Being able to pick this stuff up in my supermarket is a huge bonus. I decided to try some non-home branded things for my first try so I nipped into my friendly local Out of this World and got a few things in Tesco too! Tesco stock the Ecover range which I was a bit confused about; loads of websites say they lost their certificates but BUAV tweeted me saying they're 100% leaping bunny approved. Thats good enough for me! 

Now Using: 
      - BioD - Laundry Liquid - I always go for non-bio and this was is super allergen free, which is amazing, but that mean it hardly has any smell at all so it needs to be teamed with something else to make your clothes smell clean. 
      - Earth Friendly Products - Parsley Plus - Dixon hates the way this smells. It smells like parsley, obviously! But, I love that it doesn't have that chemically smell. It works super well 
      - Ecover - Washing-Up Liquid - I got the Pomegranate & Lime one, and oh my god! It smells so  so good. Like, I wish it was a juice. Bubbles up and works really well.
      - Ecover - Fabric Softener - Again, smells super good. Works super well with the BioD Laundry Liquid. Its really well priced too.

_________________


As always, I dont care what other eat/drink/do. I have shared my experiences to help guide others who have the same way of thinking as me and give them the toolto make it easier. If you have any useful references yourself, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock