4 December 2013

12 Months of Bread - 6/12

I am not doing too well at this 12 loaves thing! I'm still in denial that its the last month of the year, but I'm determined to get this one one ticked off. 26 days, 6 loaves of bread, do you think I can do it? I have a list of recipes all set and ready to go.

For my 6th loaf I went for something a little different; Courgette and Mushroom bread! I stuck pretty close to the recipe, but I used coriander instead of basil (because I had coriander in, and I love it). The courgette mixture smelt so good; I'm thinking of using it for a pasty filling! I also sprinkled black pepper on the top too and did it in a loaf tin rather than just on a tray. Which I think was a pretty good call, on both points!


Lessons Learnt: The courgette mixture had way too much moisture in it! I squeezed as much as I could out, like it said in the recipe, but I think it would have worked a lot better had I left the whole mixture to cool completely and then poured away the excess liquid. I thought I had ruined it. I had to add more flour to make the dough dough-y again.

Verdict: AMAZING. I was really impressed with myself; it was super super soft, baked all the way through perfectly and it tasted wonderful too. The black pepper was a good decision. Makes really good toast! Would have been perfect with houmous. I will definitely make this again.


___________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock