29 November 2012

Good as New #2

Brrr it sure is getting cold over here. I'm sat writing this wrapped in a huge blanket. I've been clinging onto the beautiful Autumnal days as long as I can but it is definitely time to get out those hats and scarfs. If you haven't done already!

I've only recently realised I can pull off wearing hats. I used to think my head was way too big (it is pretty big) but now I have a straight fringe they seem to look good! So, I went ahead and bought this reasonably plain looking wool hat. Than decided I was jealous of all the amazing pom-pom hats I was seeing people wearing. So, here is what I did;

You'll need:
      - 1 x Hat
      - Ball of Wool in a contrasting colour to your hat
      - Thickish Card
      - Scissors
      - A wool needle

You'll need to do:


1// Cut out two doughnut pieces of card, and cut your wool down into a more manageble lengeth (a couple of meters) and start wrap it around the doughnut just like the photos above! 2// Keep going until you have 2 or 3 layers of wool. If you use more than one length of wool, there is no need to tie them together. 3// Now you need to cut the wool between the two pieces of card. Make sure you hold on tight to the wool!! 4// Wrap one strand around the whole bunch, in-between the two doughnuts and tie it tightly. 5// Take out the card (or cut it if needed), fluff out and trim any pieces that are sticking out of your pom. 6// Now, add it to your hair! Thread the the central piece of wool that you used to tie the whole thing together onto a wool needle, and stitch it tightly to the centre of your hat. 7// Ta da!! Admire your fancy new accessories.


_________

I'm sure pom-poms are something most people would have learnt to make in school, I did when I was about 8-9 years old. Its amazing what I was taught from way back then. You could use pom-poms as tree decorations, add them onto scarves or use them to decorate presents!

5 comments:

  1. awesome! great idea, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out awesome. You look so cute in your photos.

    When I was a kid at summer camp, I used to make pom pom necklaces for people all the time. I love pom poms, they're just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank yooou!!

      Thats pretty cute, I think i only made them once as a kid. And I remember it being quite frustrating, I'd have never been able to make a whole necklace!

      chloex

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock