14 October 2012

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Going to the theater is something I've wanted to do for years and never gotten around to, Dixon and me always talk about going to see a Shakespeare reenactment  but again, never got around to it. So I went and put it down on my '18 before 25' list. Then about a month ago Dixon, after a few beers, woke me up to tell me he went and booked us tickets. Exciting!

The first, and last, time I had been to see anything on stage was the Lion King on a school trip when I was about 13, it was down in London and unbelievably good. There was singing and dancing and I was totally entranced for however long it ran for. I bought a t-shirt with Scar on it that turned out to be way too small and I think we went to Planet Hollywood for food afterwards. I had a feeling Cat on a Hot Tin Roof was going to be a slightly different experience.

Source: Guardian
So, we set off for the West Yorkshire Playhouse, picked up our tickets and sat down with a drink before the doors opened. The tannoy spoke out and we went to find our seats, which were AMAZING (well done Dixon). The whole thing, including 2 breaks, lasted 190 minutes. I was terrified that I wouldn't last through it, fall asleep, lose interest, get restless (I'm fidgety), but it flew by!

Obviously you can't go far wrong with a classic script, and it didn't have any singing and little dancing so I don't have much to compare it to, but I was really engrossed and loved every minute of it. The set was beautiful, amazing period furniture and half submerged in water. The actors were fantastic, I can't imagine how difficult it is to argue in another countries accent like that. Richard Cordery, as Big Daddy, particular impressed me. I'd highly recommend it, if you're around the Leeds area you should get down soon, it finishes on the 27th of this month.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and I highly recommend Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman's version. I got it for very cheap offline. =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock