21 September 2012

Salted Pretzels // Vegan Blogs

Pretzels! Everyone loves pretzels right? This is my first time making them and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I started with basic salters but I'm going to master making them in all sorts of flavours; sugar cinnamon, chocolate dipped! I'm excited.


You'll need:
    1 1/2 teaspoons of Dried Active Yeast
    1/2 teaspoon of sugar
    175ml of warm water
    1/4 teaspoon of salt
    2 cups of flour
    a splash of soy milk, and course sea salt to top.

You'll need to do:
     1. Mix your sugar, water and yeast in a bowl, cover in cling film and put somewhere warm (like an airing cupboard) until frothy.
     2. In a bowl mix 1 cup of flour with the yeast mix, mix well. Gradually add the rest of the flour until you have a pretty stiff dough.
    3. Lightly oil a bowl, cover again and put back into your warm place. Leave until double in size.
    4. Preheat your oven to about 220'C. Then dust a surface with flour, tip out your dough, divide into equal pieces depending on how many pretzels you'd like to make. I did 6! Roll each piece into a long strip and fold into a pretzel shape.
    5. Lay grease proof paper in a tray (or oil a tray) and place every piece onto the tray! Brush with soy milk, and use a salt grinder to crack over the salt. Bake until brown and tasty.
   6. Enjoy!

___________

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, yum! Thanks so much for this recipe. Pretzels are one of my very favorite snacks and I've always wanted to learn how to make them myself :]

    Xo,
    ♥ Em

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock