24 May 2014

9/12

I've tried a few times to make a stand-alone-loaf, I mean, one that isn't in a tin. But they usually spread out loads and look a total mess. This one turned out PERFECT. I'm pretty proud. I still bake bread quite often but usually don't take photos, I'm glad I did with this one. I followed this basic recipe.



Lessons Learnt: The place and length of time you leave the bread to prove is really important. I think I have always, impatiently, put it somewhere too warm and not left it for long enough. With this one I left it on the side in the living room for about an hour. After I knocked it back I left it prove again too. 

Verdict: Amazing. The crust wasn't too crunchy, and the centre was super soft. Really happy with it. 

_____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock