10 June 2013

A Sculpture Park + A Picnic

I have wanted to visit the Yorkshire Sculpture Park for a long time. So, this weekend, we took advantage of the beautiful weather, packed a picnic and headed out.

I had no idea how huge the park would be and how many sculptures there would be in it. There is a huge lake right in the middle and the views all around are beautiful. The majority of the sculptures weren't listed in the guide we picked up so we veered off the suggested route a little and explored ourselves. Some were so easy to wonder past without realising (like the guy stud up on the tree!) so it was fun to wonder around and explore.

We walked around for hours, and looking at the YSP website now we still missed so many of the sculptures. The whole place is full of sheep, geese, ducks, swans and all of their Spring babies too. I had the best time, and I will definitely be going back. Mainly because the gift shop was amazing and I didn't get chance to choose anything.


You can find a listing of sculpture parks all over the world here! If there is one near you, you should definitely go. If you're in Yorkshire, I'd highly recommend the YSP. Wear trainers, those sheep poop a lot. Have you ever been to a sculpture park? I'd love to visit some others!

________________

7 comments:

  1. Waaah! This looks like a great day for a picnic ;)Lovely page loaded with great stuff! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh looks like you picked the perfect day to nip over there. I always seem to end up at YSP in various levels of thunderstorm so I'm yet to explore the grounds properly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely chose the best day to explore! Although, I keep thinking it'd be amazing to go back in the snow!


      chloex

      Delete
  3. What a cool place! I visited a sculpture park once when I was visiting a friend in another state and thought it was the neatest place I'd ever been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty neat huh?! I definitely want to visit more. Hopefully in different countries too.


      chloex

      Delete
  4. I've been longing for a picnic and scenery day! Texas heat doesn't really lend itself to any of those though. I'll just have to wait until we can go a bit north to have a picnic by the river. These pictures look amazing. What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock