3 May 2013

Five Sewing Goals: The Skirt



I made that skirt! It's the second one in this style I have made, but it's first I am completely happy with and super happy (and smug) to wear out in public. I wore it to work the day after I finished it over a plain black vest and with a black cardigan (which I thought looked super smart). Then I found this super cute spotted vest in H&M, perfect paring!

The 'One Hour Skirt' title isn't misleading at all. You really can bust out these babies that quickly! The tutorial is super easy to follow, I had no issues with it at all. I only made one alteration; I added about 6" to my hip measurement so that there was more fabric to bunched up. What do you think?

What next? I want to make a midi-skirt (or two) with pockets, using the same basic pattern. I have already seen some beautiful floral fabric I want to use. AND, I may have found the dress pattern for me over at Dixie DIY.


_____________

The tutorial I used can be found here: One Hour Skirt. &, in case you missed it, you can read my other Sewing goals right here !

9 comments:

  1. great job! you look so good in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh you made that skirt!? congratulations and I'm extremely jealous!


    grace
    http://herumbrella.com
    COME ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt looks super cute! Really suit you. You've made me want to get my sewing machine out now, it's been too long since I attempted to make anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty happy with it. You totally should! Sewing is so much fun


      chloex

      Delete
  4. This skirt is awesome!! I really want to try and make one now <3

    Kirst
    http://porcelainagaric.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job on this skirt!! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. I am so so rubbish at sewing though. Should I try? Maybe. I really need skirts. Loads of skirts! @sazDC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you send me some photos of the finished product(s)!


      chloex

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock