26 June 2013

Chloes Home-Made Tomato Jam.

I am currently on a mission to perfect my own recipe. The majority of the things I cook are done by instinct; knowing what I like and what goes well together, rarely do I measure anything. This time though, I am going to make notes, taste test and make tweaks to make it better each time. I decided to try out tomato jam.



I made my first experimental batch last week, and holy hell, is it tasty! I packed it full of ginger, balsamic vinegar and chilies. I made one huge jar for myself and two smaller ones which I tested out on other people. I gave a jar as a house-warming gift, and took a jar to my Mums birthday BBQ and it was a hit! The jar was empty within a couple of hours.

I'm going in for my second attempt this weekend. It needs to me more jammy, spicier and I'm going to de-skin the tomatoes. I'll share the final thing with you all when I'm completely happy with it. Maybe it'll become a family recipe; Great Grandmas Tomato Jam. Have you ever mastered your own recipe? Or have a family recipe you swear by?

___________________

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same when cooking - I just use my eyes. I have no experience making jam though so would love a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the best way to cook!! It just stinks when you make something amazing, but never manage to recreate it.


      chloex

      Delete
  2. I need to start perfecting a recipe like this also. I just use what I feel it needs. Also, by jammy do you mean like a salsa? You eat it with chips? Or like a tomato sauce for pasta? Was just wondering. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like a chutney! Sweet and spicy and tasty.

      chloex

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock