13 November 2012

Biking.


It feels so good getting out on my bike again! Do you bike? I used to all the time, to work, to the shop, to friends, to the pub, but when we moved into the city center I practically gave it up. Then, Dixon decided he wanted to get his own bike, and I was crazy happy! I had dreams of super long rides, exploring and picnics. It took a couple of months but he found one he loves, and it arrived mid-last week. So, this weekend past, Dixon, me and our friend James set off down the canal. It was a perfect day, pretty bumpy and muddy but it was super fun.

Biking is so much more fun than any other kind of exercise in my eyes. I don't just love riding, I love watching it, reading about it, everything! We're planning on going out again this weekend, and will be working up to #19 on my '18 before 25' list - 30miles in one day, which will hopefully lead into #11 and #12, and eventually London to Paris. Pretty exciting.


I look like a total dork in this photo, but oh well. These are The Impossible Project Polaroids I treat myself to a while back. I have been so scared to use them. 8 exposures for around £20 is pretty steep, and in all honesty I'm not that into the 'flares' or forced imperfections. It's kind of  bummed me out that I don't love them, maybe I'll give them a second go, I really do love polaroids. These just don't have the same feel.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I went on a 24 mile bike ride through the mountains a couple of months ago and thought I was going to die! The trail would get really narrow going downhill, and you'd have to weave around trees and it had my heart racing something awful thinking I was going to crash. After a while, I started just walking the bike up the steep areas and riding my breaks downhill. Beginner trail my ass!

    This sounds like I had the worst time of my life, but really, I definitely want to go again and was so proud of myself for pushing through all of it. It was a challenge and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds tough!! Well done you. The trial we're planning is on a canal so it is reasonably flat up until you hit locks, so you definitely win on toughness!

      chloex

      Delete
  2. I miss riding too! I did it a lot more in Arizona than I ever have where I am now in Maryland. Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try and get back on your bike. I think everyone should :)

      Delete
  3. I love casual riding! and by that I mean riding along the beach or for a little cycle around the quiet streets on a sunday morning when there's no traffic; but i'm lazy and need to change my inner tube so haven't been out for a while but you've inspired me to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat around with a puncture for monnths too!! Be inspired, you won't regret it :)

      Delete
  4. I love my bike! My boyfriend got me into cycling (he's an avid one and watches the Tour each year) and now I'm up to 90 miles a week! It feels so good to fly through valleys and climb mountains. If only drivers in town were a little more polite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, amazing! I'd love to be able to go that far, maybe one day! Sounds super fun. Youre right about drivers, I've had a fair few knocks.

      Chloe x

      Delete
  5. My boyfriend and I used to ride A LOT when we lived in the city. Right now we are out in the country and the roads are not wide enough to ride, and the drivers are crazy out here. I can't wait to find a good route to ride though, Not only do I miss it, my body misses it more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock