27 June 2012

Oh pickles!

What could be more fun than making your very own pickles!? I made these yesterday, and they have been getting their pickle on in the fridge ever since. There are almost two full HUGE cucumbers in there, half an onion, a little garlic, distilled vinegar, mustard seeds, chili flakes, turmeric, salt, sugar and pepper.


I just broke them open to have with my salad, and they are GREAT (maybe a little vinegary, I should have watered it down). The best part, the longer I leave them, the better they're going to get, you can't say that about many foods huh? I'm definitely going to make some other varieties soon, experimental pickling!! I'll share the highs and lows of that one with you in the coming weeks.

The salad I had them with was sweet pea and baby sweetcorn, garlic rubbed griddle bread, bit of houmous and chargrilled peppers. So many flavours, and SO good.




3 comments:

  1. This post has made me very hungry!

    Wanted to let you know I have nominated you for The Liebster Award http://thelittlefogey.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/liebster-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, ha ha! i have never made my own pickles before but i have always wanted to try! i have a nifty little pickling jar and everything. maybe one of these days, 'cause i love pickles so gosh darn much!!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be pickling season! its so easy, you should go for it. I'm going to experiment now I've had my first success

      chloe x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock